Boat Assembler Job Ad (00000002)
Doucette’s Boating Building Ltd.
Boat Assembler Job Ad (00000002) Click to open/download.
Permanent Full time employment
- Monday-Thursday (7:00am-7:00pm) &
Friday (7:00am – 5:00pm) (55.5 hrs. per week)
- Salary Negotiable
- Benefits(i.e Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Christmas and Summer break, Life Insurance , Vision Plan)
- Location – 4834 Union Rd. Miminegash, St. Louis, PEI COB 1Z0
Doucette’s Boat Building is family owned and operated serving the eastern seaboard and beyond with our custom designed 45 foot fiberglass boats. We manufacture boats for the commercial market and take pride in our craftsmanship and manufacturing processes. Excellence is our only standard.
We are currently looking for a Boat Assembler for our boat building business at our Miminegash, PEI facility.
The qualified Boat Assembler will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for the
- Removing parts from molds
- Trimming edges of boat components with air trimmer according to specifications
- Using power and hand tools (i.e. sander, jigsaw, air trimmer, grinder) to make straight lines and defined cuts
- Grinding fiberglass to smooth finish
- Applying the proper use of adhesives
- Measuring skills
- Cleaning and keeping work area neat and well organized
- Applying fillers for sanding butt joints so they can be faired out to a high quality finish
Successful Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- Strong work ethic,prompt and reliable attendance to ensure our customer’s deadlines are met
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking Skills
- Attention to detail skills to ensure work quality – accurate measurement skills
- Listening and organizational skills
- Good Attitude – Willingness to learn & ability to take constructive feedback
- Teamwork skills & ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a safe manner following safety procedures, including: wearing assigned PPE (Personal Protective Equipment in our well ventilated shop area)
- Must work at a reasonable pace to meet customer deadlines and must work overtime as required.
- A carpentry background would be a definite asset (i.e. finish carpentry, seam filling skills)
Training will be provided in house. If you are interested in this job, please email your resume to
email@example.com or call (902) 882-2310 for further information.